RE: [parisc-linux] RE: New glibc patches 2004-03-08, fixes GLRO changes.

Joel Soete soete.joel at tiscali.be
Tue Mar 9 06:49:44 MST 2004

Carlos,

>>Joel,
>>
>>Is there any chance that you could do some testing for me please?
>
>Just let me find a free disk :)
>
>I will advise ;)

Good new I have one (just met a small pb with se terminator: apparently fixed
now).

>>1. Use debootstrap to build a chroot (/mnt/chroot)
>
>BTW which install should I install: man debootstrap give the fllowing example
>deboostrap woody ./woody-chroot http://ftp.cx.debian.org/debian
>
>Well not familiar with debootstrap but I presume that ./woody-chroot would
>be here /mnt/chroot and ftp.cx.debian.org my nearest debian repository.

>But my question is: would you like I build a woody or would you prefer a
>sarge?

For the moment I tested with sarge ended with:
"I: Base system installed successfully."

:)

let me know anyway if you would prefer woody, it doesn't required so much
time :)

>>2. Compile glibc with --prefix=/mnt/chroot

I am going on...

Joel

Tiscali ADSL: 19,50 €/mois, pendant 3 mois! L'Internet rapide, c'est pour
tout le monde.
http://reg.tiscali.be/default.asp?lg=fr