[parisc-linux] RE: New glibc patches 2004-03-08, fixes GLRO changes.

Joel Soete soete.joel at tiscali.be
Tue Mar 9 02:04:23 MST 2004

>New patches here, passes testsuite without regression.
>
>http://www.parisc-linux.org/~carlos/glibc-hppa-patches-2004-03-08.tar.gz

Thanks :)

>Joel,
>
>Is there any chance that you could do some testing for me please?

Just let me find a free disk :)

I will advise ;)

>1. Use debootstrap to build a chroot (/mnt/chroot)

BTW which install should I install: man debootstrap give the fllowing example
deboostrap woody ./woody-chroot http://ftp.cx.debian.org/debian

Well not familiar with debootstrap but I presume that ./woody-chroot would
be here /mnt/chroot and ftp.cx.debian.org my nearest debian repository.
But my question is: would you like I build a woody or would you prefer a
sarge?

>2. Compile glibc with --prefix=/mnt/chroot
>3. Install the new glibc there.
>4. Test out running some stuff from the chroot.
	o Try running Xnest
	o Try running X applications through Xnest
	o Try building a new kernel in the chroot.

Clear

>Thanks!

wellcome,

Joel

Tiscali ADSL: 19,50 €/mois, pendant 3 mois! L'Internet rapide, c'est pour
tout le monde.
http://reg.tiscali.be/default.asp?lg=fr