[parisc-linux] UNable to boot the cd.

Grant Grundler grundler at parisc-linux.org
Sat Jan 31 21:52:09 MST 2004

On Sun, Feb 01, 2004 at 04:46:01AM +0530, AYAZ, MOHAMMED ASIF wrote:
> Hello .
> I have downloaded  the  iso images from
> ftp.de.debian.org/debian-cd/3.0_r0/hppa
> and made a bootable cd of the image..

Can you elaborate (give precise steps) on how you accomplished this?
The ISO images are "raw" files. ie burn them bit-for-bit to the CD.
On a linux box, use
	cdrecord -v dev=0,0,0 -data debian-30r0-hppa-binary-1.iso

where "0,0,0" matches the output from "cdrecord -scanbus".

> All I  did  is to search for ipl from the PDC main menu. but it
> doesnt show the cdrom as an ipl device.

It will show up. If you absolutely can't get this work,
start thinking about doing a bootp/net install.

> I'm testing this on a A class server !!

Which one? A180 or A500?
It doesn't really matter since palo is "smart" and will pick
the right kernel (32 vs 64 bit). I'm just curious.