[parisc-linux] UNable to boot the cd.

AYAZ, MOHAMMED ASIF asifayaz at hp.com
Sat Jan 31 16:16:01 MST 2004

Hello .
I have downloaded  the  iso images   from ftp.de.debian.org/debian-cd/3.0_r0/hppa  and made a bootable cd of the image.. All I  did  is to search for ipl from the PDC main menu. but it doesnt show the cdrom as an ipl device.

Another thing I have obeserved is  I found the file ipl in one of the install directory. I wonder if this is the process of creating a bootable cd.

Can you please help me to make the box bootable. I'm testing this on a A class server !!

I have gone through the PA-RISC-Linux-Boot-HOWTO.html  as well !!

Thanks & Regards,
Asif Ayaz
Solution Center Engineer
Enterprise Solution Center
Asia Pacific Southern Hub - HP Services
Email ID : asifayaz at hp.com

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them." - Albert Einstein