[parisc-linux] kernel BUG at mm/shmem.c:585!

John David Anglin dave at hiauly1.hia.nrc.ca
Sun Jan 25 19:35:07 MST 2004

> On Fri, Jan 23, 2004 at 02:40:27PM -0500, John David Anglin wrote:
> > > It appears non-fatal, and I want to blame the compiler :)
> >
> > I agree but the proof is in the pudding ;-)
>
> I told Grant, that at my current schedule, it would be 2006
> before I fixed this problem :)

My schedule isn't much better.  I'm off to Tokyo at the end of the week
to waive the Canadian flag at the ISO LRG meetin next week.  After that,
my brother's company would like me to work on more firmware for a new
project.

Is this on a SMP kernel (i.e., could this be a locking issue)?

Dave
J. David Anglin                                  dave.anglin at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
National Research Council of Canada              (613) 990-0752 (FAX: 952-6602)