[parisc-linux] kernel BUG at mm/shmem.c:585!

Carlos O'Donell carlos at baldric.uwo.ca
Sun Jan 25 19:15:09 MST 2004

On Fri, Jan 23, 2004 at 02:40:27PM -0500, John David Anglin wrote:
> > It appears non-fatal, and I want to blame the compiler :)
>
> I agree but the proof is in the pudding ;-)

I told Grant, that at my current schedule, it would be 2006
before I fixed this problem :)

It looks like a reordering issue, perhaps taking a look at the
respective .o objects produced by the two compilers might reveal the
issue. I think that's the way we did it when the tty layer broke and we
had to have that console.o compiled with 3.0.4 by hand? I think Randolph
and Grant worked on that together. I might have the wrong names, but
we've successfully debugged a problem like this before using similar
methods.

c.