[parisc-linux] C3000 and Promise Ultra100 TX2 PCI Controller

Grant Grundler grundler at parisc-linux.org
Fri Feb 27 14:23:56 MST 2004

On Fri, Feb 27, 2004 at 06:44:20PM +0000, Alan Cox wrote:
> On Iau, 2004-02-26 at 15:56, Grant Grundler wrote:
> > yes - the endian issue is probably harder to fix.
>
> All mmio and pio goes through helper functions, so it suggests the
> helper ifdefs are simply wrong in ide-iops.c - which should make fixing
> stuff easier - probably the insw() op is the problem.

Correct. parisc insw/insl/outsw/outsl are all broken.
They all have cpu_to_leXX (or leXX_to_cpu()) calls and the
basic inw/outw are already taking care of the byte swap.
This has been mostly my fault since I originally didn't
know how the byte swapping was supposed to be
handled for a big endian arch.

Anyone interested in deleted all use of the cpu_to_leXX
and leXX_to_cpu in linux-2.6/arch/parisc/lib/io.c?

please post the tested patch here. I'll review and assign
bla^H^H^Hglory to the submitter when I commit it.

BTW, linux-2.4 has the same issue.
I expect the same patch will apply to both if it's
easier to test with linux-2.4.

thanks,