[parisc-linux] C3000 and Promise Ultra100 TX2 PCI Controller

Alan Cox alan at lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk
Fri Feb 27 11:44:20 MST 2004

On Iau, 2004-02-26 at 15:56, Grant Grundler wrote:
> yes - the endian issue is probably harder to fix.

All mmio and pio goes through helper functions, so it suggests the
helper ifdefs are simply wrong in ide-iops.c - which should make fixing
stuff easier - probably the insw() op is the problem.

> But I'm skeptical that's really the issue. I suspect more the IDE command
> isn't being programmed properly into the Promise controller and thus it
> doesn't DMA correctly or for some other reason complete the command.
> ie it has no reason to interrupt.

Well if the endian stuff is broken then anything could happen

> > The Promise Ultra100 TX2 controller is reported to work on PPC - not the
> > siimage one - so there is probably no difference between the PARISC and
> > PPC ports in this respect.
>
> ok

siimage should, at least from data sheet review