[parisc-linux] kernel 2.6.3 compile problem

Eggert Ehmke eggert.ehmke at berlin.de
Fri Feb 27 03:10:50 MST 2004

Hello!

This is my first message on this list. If  need some kind of registration,
please let me know.

I run a HP PA-RISC B132L+ with Debian Woody as a DSL Gateway/Firwall for our
home network. Right now we have the kernel 2.4.25-pa0 running. The kernel is
compiled from sources by gcc 3.0.4. The system runs fine.

Now I tried to compile kernel 2.6.2-pa0 and 2.6.3-pa2 with the same result:
the compile fails with this message:

--   CC      drivers/char/tty_io.o
In file included from include/linux/selection.h:11,
                 from drivers/char/tty_io.c:101:
include/linux/vt_buffer.h:19:21: asm/vga.h: No such file or directory
make[2]: *** [drivers/char/tty_io.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [drivers/char] Error 2
make: *** [drivers] Error 2

There is indeed no file include/asm/vga.h. But if I understand the
documentation right, I need to include VGA support. Can you please tell me
where I am wrong? These are my console settings in .config:

CONFIG_VGA_CONSOLE=y
# CONFIG_MDA_CONSOLE is not set
CONFIG_STI_CONSOLE=y
CONFIG_DUMMY_CONSOLE_COLUMNS=160
CONFIG_DUMMY_CONSOLE_ROWS=64
CONFIG_DUMMY_CONSOLE=y
CONFIG_FRAMEBUFFER_CONSOLE=y
CONFIG_PCI_CONSOLE=y
# CONFIG_FONTS is not set
CONFIG_FONT_8x8=y
CONFIG_FONT_8x16=y

Eggert Ehmke
mailto:eggert.ehmke at berlin.de

receive my pgp public key from: blackhole.pca.dfn.de
ID: F237 0537