[parisc-linux] Kernel driver/feature support

Joel Soete soete.joel at tiscali.be
Wed Feb 4 06:39:58 MST 2004

Hi Max,

>I'd be interested if somebody else has success (or failure) reports of
>drivers/fs not listed here, and reports from what's working with 2.6
>(since I can't test it here)

what was also working for me (I tested intensively on 2.4 only, not yet on
2.6):
- lvm (1 and now 2 aka devmapper)
- evms (tested till 1.2)
- jfs (tested till 1.0.23)
- xfs (tested till some cvs a bit outdated of Oct 2002 :( )
- ppp (still operational over a simple pstn and a 38000 bauds modem :) )

what failled to me:
- a hp 8port serial mux (afaik an Equinox product) even though that actualy
works fine plug in a hp i386 (and used as some kind console concentrator
for parisc boxes :) )
- an aty graphic card (in fact I don't know the actual status of this card,
should be broken :( )
- Tachion FC (driver should be re-write according its maintainer)

hth,
    Joel