[parisc-linux] Kernel driver/feature support

M. Grabert xam at cs.ucc.ie
Wed Feb 4 04:35:40 MST 2004

Hi,

I was just wondering what drivers (hardware drivers, networking options,
filesystems etc.) are actually usable in Linux/PA-RISC.
It would be interesting to know whether there are some drivers
that are not working correctly on PA-RISC (apart from the obvious ones).

So far I successfully tested (and used extensively) the following
drivers on my C240 and C3k using a 32bit kernel (and linux-2.4.24):

- SMBfs
- Autofs (v4)
- IP tunneling
- IPv6
- netfilter (iptables) and netfilter6 (ip6tables)
- Bridging
- QoS
- Traffic Shaping
- OHCI (with internal USB bus, and 5 port USB-2.0 card)
- RealTek RTL-8139 PCI Fast Ethernet (8139too)
- IBM Olympic Token Ring PCI (olympic)

Third party:
- hostap (Netgear MA311 Prism2.5 PCI card, works great, also hostapd)

Drivers that didn't work (or not of good quality):
- Hermes Prism2.5 PCI (hermes, works somewhat, but flaky connection)
- EHCI (loads, but can't use a USB-2.0 HiSpeed or FullSpeed capable device,
  but using OHCI driver instead is successful)

I'd be interested if somebody else has success (or failure) reports of
drivers/fs not listed here, and reports from what's working with 2.6
(since I can't test it here)

Greetings,
  Max