[parisc-linux] UNable to boot the cd.

Joel Soete soete.joel at tiscali.be
Tue Feb 3 09:55:18 MST 2004

Hi Asif,

>To start with.
>o I Had downloaded the iso image from  ftp.de.debian.org/debian-cd/3.0_r0/hppa

Ok (I used successfully the same from same site recently :) )

>o Used a Winxp to write a CD!!

I know well it as an OS is it also the name of your burning tool?
If not could you give its name and release (iirc some tools wasn't able to
do before a given release)

>o I did Search ipl from teh main menu itdid'nt  show the cdrom as an ipl
device.

severall pb are possible:
* the most common one is that the cd was not burn with correct options (see
your cd burning tool user guide)
* your image file could be corrupted (iirc there was also a md5sums file
which allow you to check the integrity of this image)
* the type of the cdrom drive you used to boot (is it a hp buildin?) couldn't
allow you to boot. Could boot with an hpux install CD?

>o I tried booting hte CD rom as well but to no luck..
>o IT's on a A500 (9000/800/A500-44)
>
>I wonder wat's wrong with my cd !!

hth,
    Joel