[parisc-linux] Linux-2.6.6-rc1-pa3 and Linux-2.6.6-rc2

M. Grabert xam at cs.ucc.ie
Wed Apr 28 01:26:09 MDT 2004

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004, M. Grabert wrote:

> On Tue, 27 Apr 2004, Joel Soete wrote:
>
> > > and also the same symptoms as before (network is working normal, USB
> > > keyboard/mouse don't work). If you respond fast what commands I should
> > > run, I can give you more info ...
> >
> > hmm usb and ide seems to be on the same superio.

I found a (temporary) solution to my problem. At least I haven't
experienced any problems with the serial console lately.

BTW, the same happened also with a 2.4.26 kernel, so it's not only 2.6
related.

It appears that superio gets confused by my additional USB(2.0) PCI card
in my C3000. Whenever keyboard/mouse was plugged into the onboard USB
ports, simultaneous access to the IDE drive, keyboard and mouse could
cause a lock (and therefore neither USB, IDE and serial console were
working).

I resolved the issue by simply attaching the USB keyboard/mouse to my
USB PCI card. So far I hadn't any problems ....

BTW, using a Voodoo2 and a 2.6 kernel is not as stable as with 2.4.
Some XF86Config options can cause a crash (e.g "DontVTSwitch=true")
on 2.6.6-rc1-pa3, but not on 2.4.26-pa1 ...

greettings,
  Max