[parisc-linux] Linux-2.6.6-rc1-pa3 and Linux-2.6.6-rc2

Joel Soete soete.joel at tiscali.be
Tue Apr 27 03:29:43 MDT 2004

> The Changelog to 2.6.6-rc2 contains the following:

Well, I don't know about Matthew merge project but yesterday I apply the
upstream patch-2.6.6-rc1-rc2 (http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/testing/incr/patch-2.6.6-rc1-rc2.bz2)
against our pa tree and it is quiet straighforward (just have to redo by
hand the hunk related to arch/parisc/kernel/cache.c, very short and easy).

I boot it with success on my b180 :) (not yet on my b2k :( ) but I trust
you could try it also?

That said, knowing that my serial console works fine, there are two additional
hw pieces that you can try to remove one by one to locate accurately the
pb, though I don't have usb kbd/mouse to test)

hth,
    Joel