[parisc-linux] Linux-2.6.6-rc1-pa3 and pdflush problems

M. Grabert xam at cs.ucc.ie
Tue Apr 27 01:01:14 MDT 2004

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004, Joel Soete wrote:

> > Unfortunately I just switched to the 2.6 kernel (for permanent use) recently,
> > so I'm not know whether this error would have happened with a
> > pre-2.6.6-rc1 kernel aswell.
>
> uhm the http://cvs.parisc-linux.org/download/linux-2.6/patch-2.6.5-pa8.gz
> patch could always help you to rebuild this previous 2.6.6 kernel from upstream
> src ;)

Thanks, I'll give it a try ...

> PS: on my b2k (the brother model of c3k) I am running a 2.6.6-rc1-pa0 for
> an uptime of 11days without any major pb. (well always some small hung of
> some minutes because of scsi bus reset from time to time but no major issue).
> But I have no additional gfx, no ide hd (just a cdrom drive) and I only use
> serial console (so I couldn't help you more)

BTW,
This time it didn't take several hours, but merely a couple of minutes;
what I did was starting several downloads (onto a ext3 on /dev/hda1),
and then opening up a couple of websites in konqueror (which in turn uses
the proxy that also access /dev/hda1)

Again pdflush was consuming 100%, but this time I waited about 5mins and
pdflush behaved normal again ... just to start again later and disappear
again ...

I still have see the following messages on the serial console:

hda: lost interrupt
hda: dma_timer_expiry: dma status == 0x64
hda: DMA interrupt recovery

and also the same symptoms as before (network is working normal, USB
keyboard/mouse don't work). If you respond fast what commands I should
run, I can give you more info ...

Thanks,
   Max