[parisc-linux] Panic on boot in 64 bit 2.6.6-rc1-pa0

John David Anglin dave at hiauly1.hia.nrc.ca
Fri Apr 23 11:50:55 MDT 2004

> > Can you use "b,l" for PA 2.0 code?
>
> Well, the 2.0 manual implies b,l can be used whether the execution is in
> wide or narrow mode, so yes, it should apply to all 2.0 code.

Yes, that's what gcc generates for PA 2.0.

Regarding the assembler, I'm wondering if we want the keep "bl" for
generating 17-bit branches.  It's rather confusing and inconsistent
with the mnemonic mapping given in the 2.0 manual.  On the otherhand,
gas has been this way for 4-5 years.

Dave
J. David Anglin                                  dave.anglin at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
National Research Council of Canada              (613) 990-0752 (FAX: 952-6602)