[parisc-linux] Kernel 2.4 bug (fwd)

Matthew Wilcox willy at debian.org
Tue Apr 20 05:41:28 MDT 2004

On Tue, Apr 20, 2004 at 12:41:23AM -0500, Roy Keene wrote:
> Btw, `submit at bugs.parisc-linux.org' doesn't work.

Where do you see that email address still?  It should have been removed ...

> (double free() shouldn't cause the kernel to give page faults, running it
>  enough times eventually crashes the kernel)

What you see there is debug information to help you diagnose your app's
breakage ;-).  You can turn it off by changing #define PRINT_USER_FAULTS
to #undef PRINT_USER_FAULTS in arch/parisc/mm/fault.c.  I believe the
Debian kernel does this by default.

Eventually crashinig the kernel is a different matter.  Can you provide
more information about this?