[parisc-linux] C7497A DDS-4 Tape Drive

Jurriaan Kalkman Jurriaan.Kalkman at zrt.nl
Wed Apr 14 06:02:41 MDT 2004

>Does anyone happen to know where one could buy a C7497A DDS-4 tape
drive
>for the HP tape array 5300. I have tried HP (new & re-marketed),
other
>HP resellers such as my self, Ebay, Google searches, and a few other
on
>line wholesalers / inventory posting sites with no luck. These things
>seem to be a tough cookie to locate. If anyone knows of a company or
>individual that I can obtain one from, please let me know. I cant use
>any substitutions, its got to be the C7497A

[resend via the mailinglist because cypress-tech.com doesn't resolve
here at the moment]

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4121818676

seems to have 2, where the last auction ended on 13/4/2004 with none
sold at
400 Euro each (about US$ 500). I assume he still has them.

If you don't speak German, I would be happy to contact him for you, but
since
he's a professional seller (4559 feedbacks, 99.2% positive) I think you
could
try contacting him (her?) in English.

As for searches, I tried 'c7497a euro' on google; this was on the first
page.

Good luck,
Jurriaan

If it's for an obscenely rich client, how about a nice workstation for
me?
A C3000 will do, a J6700 would be better :-)