[parisc-linux] Voodoo 2

M. Grabert xam at cs.ucc.ie
Sun Apr 11 17:12:44 MDT 2004

Hi,

I'm about to purchase a Voodoo2 PCI graphics card since I saw some
reports on the p-l list that it is working on Linux/PA-RISC.

I want to ask a couple of questions before I'm going to buy the graphics card:

- Helge prepared a patch to make the Voodoo working, and was incorporated
  into the 2.4.19-pa18 kernel. It seems that it's still in 2.4.25-pa1.
  But is the patch integrated into the mainstream 2.4?
  I just took a brief look, and it appears so, is this correct?

- What about 2.6? I don't think that it's been forwarded to 2.6 yet?

- there is also the XFree86 Voodoo 1/2 driver from Alan Cox
(http://lists.parisc-linux.org/pipermail/parisc-linux/2004-February/022382.html)

  I suppose this driver also doesn't require the Voodoo2 card to be initialized,
  and I think the advanage over using sstfb would be that it supports DGA
  and some 2D acceleration.

  Has anybody tested it (I couldn't even compile it)?

Thanks alot,
  Max