[parisc-linux] Re: NCR53c720

James Bottomley James.Bottomley@steeleye.com
30 Sep 2003 08:47:11 -0500

On Tue, 2003-09-30 at 03:21, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> BTW, A4000T SCSI is builtin, not Zorro, so we need a platform device for that.

That depends on how you want it to work.  On parisc, the Lasi (SCSI and
other) devices are technically "platform" in that they're all ASIC'd
together and soldered on to the main board.  However, it was easier to
create a parisc_bus type and lump them all under it than to use a
platform device....however, we did this in the very early days of the
generic device, a platform device might be more appropriate now.

James