[parisc-linux] fenv laid to rest, 50% done porting dbl-64 to ldbl-64, no testing yet.

Carlos O'Donell carlos@baldric.uwo.ca
Mon, 20 Oct 2003 13:34:40 -0400

On Mon, Oct 20, 2003 at 12:56:10PM -0400, John David Anglin wrote:
> > > Does having them both at the same time violates the behaviour of
> > > "feraiseexcept" in the ISO C standard (especially in the case of
> > > underflow)? If feraiseexcept is called and only an underflow
> > > requested, but underflow and inexact are enabled, what then?
> >
> > Does this help?  The standard says
> >
> > "Whether the feraiseexcept function additionally raises the inexact
> > exception whenever it raises the overflow or underflow exceptions is
> > implementation defined."
>
> Also, in F.7.6.2,
>
> "If the argument to the feraiseexcept function in <fenv.h> represents
> IEC 60559 valid coincident exceptions for atomic operations (namely
> overflow and inexact, or underflow and inexact) then overflow or
> underflow is raised before inexact."

Yes, I have already taken this into account. Thanks for all the help
with spec interpretation. I appreciate the feedback. We pass all the
fenv tests in glibc, but still fail the long double support. I'm about
50% done porting dbl-64 to ldbl-64, might get done in the next few
weeks. It would finally give us a functioning long double :)

c.