[parisc-linux] glibc 2.3.2-9 for hppa - "when hell freezes over" release

Carlos O'Donell carlos@baldric.uwo.ca
Sun, 19 Oct 2003 19:50:05 -0400

On Sun, Oct 19, 2003 at 02:13:42PM -0400, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 17, 2003 at 02:12:52PM -0400, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> > Please wait 2 days before doing the upload, I am in the process
> > of getting other testers to make sure this release is of the
> > highest quality possible. If the testers do not agree with the
> > release quality I will request by email a delay of 2 more days
> > to repatch and test, followed by an update to the list.
>
> Requesting 2 more days.
>
> - nscd is faulting on unaligned loads during real workload testing.
> 	= Remove unaligned handler and debug from core.

Fixed. Typo in syscall cancellation code. The corner case was a six arg
syscall that used said typo'd code (recvfrom). This should really be the
case to add threaded networking test code into libc's testsuite ;)

> - Looking into mlockall failures.

Passes QA on a 2.4 kernel (posix testsuite). 2.6 seems broken, though
that is unrelated to glibc.

Will produce a new patch and new testing debs. Thanks go to all the
testers that turned up these problems.

c.