[parisc-linux] [patch] handle pagefaults on unaligned access

Randolph Chung Randolph Chung <randolph@tausq.org>
Sun, 19 Oct 2003 12:03:06 -0700

> What's generating the unaligned ldh?  This will really kill performance.
> GCC shouldn't do this...

it was one of the testcases, but i haven't figured out which one yet. it
doesn't do this for every testcase...

> My system also crashed last night, probably running the gcj testsuite.

probably, it crashed my machine 3 times before i figured it out :-)

if you do "echo 0 >> /proc/sys/kernel/unaligned-trap" before you run the
test then it should SIGBUS when it does this...

i'll try to debug this a bit more as well. but we shouldn't crash the
kernel in any case :)

randolph
--
Randolph Chung
Debian GNU/Linux Developer, hppa/ia64 ports