[parisc-linux] [patch] handle pagefaults on unaligned access

Sun, 19 Oct 2003 14:46:58 -0400 (EDT)

> while testing out gcj today, i was able to crash the machine
> consistently with both 2.4 and 2.6 kernel. turns out our unaligned
> handler doesn't handle page faults properly. in the case for gcj, there
> was a ldh on the edge of the page, the first byte is on a resident page,
> the 2nd byte is on a faulting page.

What's generating the unaligned ldh?  This will really kill performance.
GCC shouldn't do this...

My system also crashed last night, probably running the gcj testsuite.

Dave
--
J. David Anglin                                  dave.anglin@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
National Research Council of Canada              (613) 990-0752 (FAX: 952-6602)