[parisc-linux] defconfigs in 2.6

Matthew Wilcox willy@debian.org
Thu, 9 Oct 2003 22:44:44 +0100

On Thu, Oct 09, 2003 at 11:21:18PM +0200, Helge Deller wrote:
> On Donnerstag, 09. Oktober 2003 17:05, Matthew Wilcox wrote:
> > - 712 (Lasi, Wax, no PCI, no EISA.  targetted at exactly 712, may work on
> > 	other snake-type boxes)
>
> Maybe we should add EISA to this configuration, in which case
> it would fit 715 machines too ?

My intent was that these machines would use a "hawk" configuration.  Keep
gecko minimal and expansion-less, and hawk gets all the EISA and PCI cards
compiled as modules.

The thing about 715 expansion is that (at least for 715/Mirage), you can
plug a GSC cardmode Dino into the expansion socket, so we should enable
that ... and the PCI drivers for whichever chips got put on a card with
Dino (Tulip, acenic, ... must be others?), NCR720, etc.

This starts to get kind of complicated.  I'd rather maintain these in
the hawk config.