[parisc-linux] IBM 3151 on K200 in Debian 3.0

Walker White wmwhite@udallas.edu
Thu, 9 Oct 2003 13:26:41 -0500

I have scoured the FAQ and mailing lists.  Supposedly this has been
resolved, but I am having the same old problems.

I just inherited an old K200 which I want to give my students as a
"play" machine.  I am trying to install Debian 3.0 on it.  When I got
the machine, it had no console whatsoever.  So I grabbed an old IBM
3151 and plugged into the machine.  Works, no problem.  I can boot into
HPUX just fine (which is still on the machine).

I tried to boot to the CD.  After a few stack dumps, a learned from the
mailing list that I needed to change my console to ttyB0 from ttyS0.
No more stack dumps.  However, after the message that says I might not
see anything (and hence need to switch consoles), I do not see
anything.  Supposedly this issue was fixed in the install CDs (at least
that is what mailing list says), but doesn't seem so to me.

Is this an issue with the install CDs, or do I need to do something
funky with the IBM 3151?

| Walker White
  Assistant Professor  |
| wmwhite@udallas.edu