[parisc-linux] strace locks up 2.4.22-pa14

Grant Grundler grundler@parisc-linux.org
Sat, 22 Nov 2003 15:09:19 -0700

On Sat, Nov 22, 2003 at 11:58:29AM +0000, Joel Soete wrote:
> I don't know but seems to hang like boot hang when I include the pdc
> support into the kernel: green led stay lightning. (and toc seems to
> failed because of a time out IO; i don't remember but I think i do have
> to read it on lcd)

What do you mean by "PDC support"?
You mean CONFIG_PDC_CHASSIS?
AFAIK, this only enables chassis codes to be displayed on either
the "front panel" LCD or LEDs.

It looks like my box HPMCs after the TOC. The TOC performs
a reset and then seltests run. Then next thing on the LCD
display is "OS HPMC" even though the gfx card hasn't been
initialized yet.

> Well, I don't realy need that system hang to toc it?

Right. TOC is just convenient to use when the system is hung.

> So when I have some time, I will re-try a toc when system is running and
> see what hapen ;)

You'll get state info about cpu_idle() or whatever it happens to
be doing.

> >bummer. Makes me wonder if this is CPU cache related too.
> I am curious to see the result of your test ?)

2.4.22-pa17 on c3k, "strace -f -o /tmp/dcop.out dcopserver" hung at home.

GR02 0x10389567
20-23	0x32  0x0e 0x10 0x00
24-27   0x00  0x10 0xcc 0x102d2010

CR0-3 0x00 0x1822 0x00 0x1824

IOAQ 0x102a1188	number+170
CPU State 0x9e000001

Looks like the PIM dump is garbage. (gr02 is not a kernel address)
I've cleared the PIM and will retry later...gotta run.

> what I don't understand is that lpr works fine on my b180 runing a
> k-2.4.21 (for lvm2 support) otc the b2k is running a k-2.4.23-rc2-pa7 (a
> merge of mine); so my doubt is that I could break something :(.

Is this via parallel port or network printer?
If network, then I would guess your merge (or the 2.4.23-rc2 base) has a bug.
If parallel port, likely a bug in suckyio support for parallel port.

But it's not exactly "apples to apples" comparison since the IO subsystem
between B180 and B2k is completely different.

grant