[parisc-linux] Re: HP9000-K460,K420,Dx70/2

Matthew Wilcox willy@debian.org
Fri, 21 Nov 2003 12:47:20 +0000

Please don't send me personal mail about installation problems; others
are equally capable of answering these questions and they may respond
when I can't.

On Fri, Nov 21, 2003 at 08:20:42AM +0100, Paczkó András wrote:
> My company have three HP9000, a K460, a K420, a Dx70/2.
> I have to install Linux (or *BSD) on this machine.
> I probe on K460,K420 becuse the Dx have a fan problem.

As far as I know, BSD does not support the K class.

> I download the debianhppa_NONUS.iso-t and the latest (PA-13) netinst iso from
> pateam.
>
> I got an idea: "You need a boot param, if your box have an ncr53c8xx,
> ncr53c8xx=burst:3..."
>
> My boxes have ncr53c710, a tried it, but not works, (burst:1..2..3)

That's obsolete advice; the problem was fixed in 2.4.16-pa14.

> the boot fail:
>
> serial .... with MANY PORTS....
> bla bla
>
> dump....
>
> Is anyone who are able to install linux these boxes?

Yes, I and others have successfully installed Linux on these boxes.  It
sounds like you need to interact with IPL and change console=ttyS0 to
console=ttyB0, but you haven't provided enough information for me to
be certain.