[parisc-linux] serial console on hp 715/50

Pietro pietro-ki@3000.it
Tue, 18 Nov 2003 11:16:30 +0000

Hi to all,

I have only one question.

from PA-RISC/Linux Boot HOWTO, Chapter 3. Preparing to boot
> 3.2.2. Using serial console
> 3.2.3.2. Changing to serial console mode
> To change to serial console mode, type the following command at the
> 'BOOT_ADMIN>' command prompt :
> path console rs232_a.9600.8.none
[cut]

It's nice, but I need switch to serial console because I _have not_ HIL kbd,
so I can't type anything !!
(box is live, after bootstrap flashing sequence of LEDs I can see heartbeat
LED blinking and on multisync monitor attached then on it I can see
screen full of messages)

I proved almost all: power on without TOC button, power on with TOC button,
TOC bt after power on for a while, TOC bt after power on for 10 sec,
all of this without screen attached (and without kbd attached too - I've no
kbd)
but without results. Every time box uses graphic console, not serial one.

Terminal is runing on another Linux box (minicom - 9600-8-N-1) with
null modem cable (cable is tested against another Linux box - OK)

Any help is appreciated.
Many thanks in advance.

Pietro Bernardi, Italy
--