[parisc-linux] framebuffer drawing incorrectly ?

Mike Frysinger vapier@gentoo.org
Tue, 11 Nov 2003 11:56:47 -0500

--Boundary-02=_aTRs/2Ah1SjN1ZT

On Tuesday 11 November 2003 11:27, Joel Soete wrote:
> well I don't know exactely what is realy makes and I presume that you
> already test without (commented) those lines?

well the fb is messed up w/out X ... i just mentioned X because thats the r=
eal=20
reason i'm messing around with it ;)
and yes, the viewport settings make no difference

> hmm, i never see such behaviour before but it seems that electronic
> signals emitted by hp system are not compatible with your screen (bad
> cable, adapter?)??
> [For my part I also try, here at home with a foreign screen (not hp, i
> mean) but it doesn't work very well (at each reboot I was obliged to fix
> the pdc screen definition but it was working fine with a hp screen), so
> i don't even test XFree more then the time of a login...)]
> Before you install Linux, do you have the opportunity to check if it was
> working with hpux X11 hpview or cde?
> Or do you have some opportunity to test with a hp screen?
> (or the graphical controler is broken?)

i didnt have a chance to test it ... the box was a server that was given to=
 me=20
thus no display and i didnt really feel like brute forcing the passwords to=
=20
get to the installed HPUX ...
as for the monitor, it's a 19" trintron that i've done resolutions much=20
greater than 1600x1200 with before so i know it's a pretty good monitor ...=
 i=20
dunno about the signals as you mentioned ... but i know the STI Console wor=
ks=20
just dandy :)

perhaps i'll try some random pci cards i got laying around (voodoo/ati) and=
=20
see if i have any luck with them
=2Dmike