[parisc-linux] framebuffer drawing incorrectly ?

Joel Soete soete.joel@tiscali.be
Tue, 11 Nov 2003 16:27:27 +0000

Mike,

Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On Monday 10 November 2003 17:35, you wrote:
>
>>please send your xfonfig-4 and your dmesg file.
>

> http://wh0rd.de/mike/hppa-dmesg
> http://wh0rd.de/mike/hppa-XF86Config-4

All seems ok. I just notice a small difference with my "Display" definition:
[...]
Section "Screen"
         Identifier      "Default Screen"
         Device          "HPA208LC1024"
         Monitor         "Targa"
         DefaultDepth    8
         SubSection "Display"
                 Depth           1
                 Modes           "1280x1024"
         EndSubSection
EndSection
[...]

you added:
		Virtual		0 0
		ViewPort	0 0

well I don't know exactely what is realy makes and I presume that you
already test without (commented) those lines?

> http://wh0rd.de/mike/hppa-fbcon-pic.jpg
> the pic is a little blurry but you can see that the white text is from the
> hppa firmware/palo while the purple text is from the bootup ... also, it
> seems that the buffer is swapped in the middle ... the lower half of the
> purple text is actually displayed first when scrolling back through the
> buffer ...
> -mike
hmm, i never see such behaviour before but it seems that electronic
signals emitted by hp system are not compatible with your screen (bad
cable, adapter?)??
[For my part I also try, here at home with a foreign screen (not hp, i
mean) but it doesn't work very well (at each reboot I was obliged to fix
the pdc screen definition but it was working fine with a hp screen), so
i don't even test XFree more then the time of a login...)]
Before you install Linux, do you have the opportunity to check if it was
working with hpux X11 hpview or cde?
Or do you have some opportunity to test with a hp screen?
(or the graphical controler is broken?)

Sorry couldn't help you more.

Good luck,
	Joel