[parisc-linux] fdisk problems 2.4 <-> 2.6

Joel Soete soete.joel@tiscali.be
Mon, 10 Nov 2003 18:35:33 +0000

Randolph Chung wrote:
>>What is "%R2" intended to be?
>>Randolph pointed out this is broken before and I was wrong
>>to commit this chunk to the 2.4 tree (I'm working on
>>removing it now).
>

> Just a clarification:
>
> %R2 is not *wrong* -- it points to the right side of argument register
> 2 (jda explained this in an earlier thread), but I am not 100% sure
> %R2 will do the right thing for a 32-bit build though -- if you are
> running on a pa1.1 machine and the register is only 32-bit, does %R2
> automatically do the right thing with 64-bit arguments?  I guess it's
> easy enough to tell by looking at the code gcc generates...

Good idea and just for curiosity (i don't want to insist to maintain
some line of code which soon or later would have to be change ), I can
try to find back a test case I used to prepare. (Just be patient)

> anyway, i think we should stick with the inline version of the code
> too....
>
> thx
> randolph

thx also for attention,