[parisc-linux] HP 9000 E55 (and family) status

Jean-marc Harang jean-marc.harang@laposte.net
Tue, 4 Nov 2003 20:30:39 +0100

Le Mon, 03 Nov 2003 18:01:47 +0100
Christoph Plattner <christoph.plattner@gmx.at> a =E9crit:

> By the way, as we discuss on the E55,
> what's the status ?
>=20
> Are there any news on MUX or SCSI driver ?
>=20
> Are there any news on the NDA, .... ?
>=20
> Christoph Plattner

Hello,

Sorry, I'm a little late.=20

The status is that, as you said before, we need the MDP panel to get access
to the serial console (port 0 of the panel). I'm looking for this panel and=
think i found one ;)=20

After the blind boot, we can't access to the HP-UX. No login is avaible,
because this E55 is a decommissioned one, a "gift" to the local Linux (and =
other
free software) User Group of my town (Toulouse, France).=20

So we need to make a fresh install of HP-UX. That's why we need the serial
console (cdrom boot).=20

thanks for the informations :)

Jean-marc Harang
--