[parisc-linux] Console on HP 9000 E55

Christoph Plattner christoph.plattner@gmx.at
Mon, 03 Nov 2003 18:00:00 +0100

Hello,

I think, you miss an important thing !

I also have an E55 with an MDP panel, the thing having 8xDB25 ports
(8x RS232). This MDP panel has a 9-pin connector as connection to the
E55. So this 9-pin connector seems to be a "high"-speed bus for all
8 serial ports !

So you really need a MDP or DDP panel to connect the up to 16 serial
ports.

I do not know another way ....

BTW, how do you boot the HP-UX ?
Blind ?
Only use is per telnet/rsh after it is up ?

Christoph Plattner