[parisc-linux] Console on HP 9000 E55

Jean-marc Harang jean-marc.harang@laposte.net
Sat, 1 Nov 2003 22:34:09 +0100

Le Sat, 1 Nov 2003 11:59:59 -0800 (PST)
Stan Sieler <sieler@allegro.com> a =E9crit:

> Hi,
>=20
> What card on the HP 9000/E35 are you trying to use with a console port?
> (And, which connector (and: male/female, round or 9 pin or 25 pin or ?))
>=20
> (I know the questions may be obvious to you, but there are several=20
> possibilities ... knowing which you're trying to do may help me answer yo=
u.)
>=20
> > Up to now, the server successfully boots on the original HP-UX. But we =
have
> > no access to any console on MDP 9-pin DB9. The other connector called D=
DP is
> > not equiped with the patch panel :/.=20
>=20
> Yes, I've got an E35 here (running HP-UX).
>=20

I use the APMUX port (the only one on the E55 I/O board), with the cable ref
A1703-63009. At one end with high-density connector for APMUX and at the ot=
her
ends one DB9 called MDP and something like big centronics called DDP (for t=
he
patch panel i don't own). So i try the MDP port without result.

Thanks

A+
jm. Harang