[parisc-linux] Building glibc (static) with 64 bits toolchain

Carlos O'Donell carlos@baldric.uwo.ca
Tue, 20 May 2003 23:07:33 -0400

> From the archive, I read that Carlos O'Donell is working on this very
> subject with promising results. So I setup to build a full blown glibc.
> After tinkering with it a little I realized that sysdeps/hppa/hppa64
> directory was missing. I couldn't find it anywhere (tried glibc cvs,
> parisc cvs, debian). Could you help me with directions to where to find
> it?

I'd love to see those promising results :) I have a hard enough time
working on a 32-bit userspace. There is no 64-bit port that works. I
have some bits of code, but to tell you the truth it just isn't a
priority. Other things, like a working 32-bit glibc rank higher...
sorry.

If you would like to start by testing our 64-bit toolchain, please build
a 64-bit cross system (hppa -> hppa64) and get back to the list with
your results :)

c.