[parisc-linux] Building glibc (static) with 64 bits toolchain

Hamilton Coutinho hamilton@tteng.com.br
Tue, 20 May 2003 18:55:41 -0300

Hello,

I'm trying to figure it out how far we are from the most simple 64 bits
userspace I could think of. I read the list's archive and understand
that this is a subject that was beaten to death already (I'm also aware
of the doubtful usefulness of it). So, I'm planning to annoy you the
least I can :)

I think I have all sorted out (well, most of it, I think): for a simple
"hello world" app I need kernel support for execve, brk, write, mmap
(and a few others), a 64 bits toolchain and a libc (diet or the full
blown glibc :). Sure enough, the libc is the grayest area for me.

>From the archive, I read that Carlos O'Donell is working on this very
subject with promising results. So I setup to build a full blown glibc.
After tinkering with it a little I realized that sysdeps/hppa/hppa64
directory was missing. I couldn't find it anywhere (tried glibc cvs,
parisc cvs, debian). Could you help me with directions to where to find
it?

Thanks.

--
Hamilton Coutinho