[parisc-linux] gcc-3.3 and c++

Tue, 13 May 2003 15:16:49 -0400 (EDT)

> > As I mentioned, the 3.2 branch is closed for bug fixes.  The failure
> > doesn't occur with 3.3.  It has a number of -march=2.0 fixes.  The
> > problem could be C++ related as well.  There are a huge number of C++
> > fixes in 3.3 relative to 3.3.
>
> Reading this inspired us to try compiling the 'menu' debian package
> with g++-3.3. Historically this package has been very problematic on
> hppa because of its use of exceptions. It's been broken for a very long
> time (couple years?).... but with latest g++-3.3 it actually compiles
> and works!!

I should also add that I've built lyx, another large C++ app, under
hpux and it seems to work.  I've also built it under linux but I
haven't tested it (no X).

Dave
--
J. David Anglin                                  dave.anglin@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
National Research Council of Canada              (613) 990-0752 (FAX: 952-6602)