[parisc-linux] gcc-3.3 and c++

Randolph Chung Randolph Chung <randolph@tausq.org>
Tue, 13 May 2003 11:18:05 -0700

> As I mentioned, the 3.2 branch is closed for bug fixes.  The failure
> doesn't occur with 3.3.  It has a number of -march=2.0 fixes.  The
> problem could be C++ related as well.  There are a huge number of C++
> fixes in 3.3 relative to 3.3.

Reading this inspired us to try compiling the 'menu' debian package
with g++-3.3. Historically this package has been very problematic on
hppa because of its use of exceptions. It's been broken for a very long
time (couple years?).... but with latest g++-3.3 it actually compiles
and works!!

Dave, many many thanks again for all your work on gcc.

randolph
--
Randolph Chung
Debian GNU/Linux Developer, hppa/ia64 ports