[parisc-linux] Re: Out of memory problem

Markus Schaber markus.schaber@student.uni-ulm.de
Tue, 25 Mar 2003 09:00:45 +0100

Hello,

Thibaut VARENE <varenet@esiee.fr> schrieb:

> > And the NetInst procedure for Debian/i386 uses a RAM-Disk, too, so I
> > thought those were using a initrd just as the one I got from
> > ftp://ftp.parisc-linux.org/kernels/. And so I just put it out of my
> > scope when searching for non-ramdisk images.
> I don't think there's any: indeed, if you have read the boot howto,
> you'd have noticed that nfs-root images are very specific to your
> network configuration, since you have to specify the server's IP.
> therefore I don't see the point of releasing NFS-root images nobody
> could possibly use.

That's not correct this way, as I saw in 4.3.2 of the HOWTO, the nfs
root is specified via kernel boot parameters, and as I saw in 4.4.1, one
can interact with palo to provide run-time boot parameters.

> So follow the cookbook in the HOWTO and prepare your own one ;P

I'll do so, at least in case I'm unable to find cheap extension RAM, but
I just found a promising part at EBAY (32MB for 5 EUR, that's cheap
enough to take the risk).

Gru=DF,
Markus

--=20
Schabi's Flohmarkt: http://schabi.de/flohmarkt/

Der Dienstweg ist die Verbindung der Sackgasse mit dem Holzweg!
[DoLi in unibwm.studium]