[parisc-linux] struct page: page in use or not ?

Matthew Wilcox willy@debian.org
Wed, 19 Mar 2003 17:07:49 +0000

On Wed, Mar 19, 2003 at 05:50:46PM +0100, bruno_vidal@hp.com wrote:
>     Hi
> I'm currently trying to reduce the dump time, and then I try to dump only
> pages that are currently use by the system. In page structure I found a flag,
> I was thinking a good one for this purpose:
> atomic_t count;                 /* Usage count, see below. */
>
> But after taking only pages where count != 0, something was broken, I was
> not able to look at proc structure, and several things.....
> If a do a "full" dump I'm still able to look at what I need, so this page.count
> is not accurate for this purpose. So does't exist a good way to know if a page
> is in use or not ?

The problem is multi-page allocs.  The `struct page' is not valid
for those.  I'm not sure what a good way of doing this is -- have you
looked at the swsusp patches to see how they do it?