[parisc-linux] struct page: page in use or not ?

Randolph Chung Randolph Chung <randolph@tausq.org>
Wed, 19 Mar 2003 09:03:22 -0800

> I'm currently trying to reduce the dump time, and then I try to dump only
> pages that are currently use by the system. In page structure I found a flag,
> I was thinking a good one for this purpose:
> atomic_t count;                 /* Usage count, see below. */

Bruno, isn't this handled in the generic dump code? I haven't looked at
this for a while, but I thought the generic dump code lets you configure
whether to dump all kernel pages, all kernel+user referened pages or
all pages whether referenced or not...

randolph
--
Randolph Chung
Debian GNU/Linux Developer, hppa/ia64 ports