[parisc-linux] newbie which HP-UX binaries

Matthew Wilcox willy@debian.org
Tue, 11 Mar 2003 13:25:55 +0000

On Tue, Mar 11, 2003 at 01:10:28PM +0100, Morten Sickel wrote:
> I have an old HP712/80 box running 10.20 that I am thinking about running
> linux on. The only problem is that I have to run an old (7.1) Esri arc/info
> on the machine. I have seen in the faq that:
>
> "We intend to support 4 binary formats:
> HP/UX SOM 32 bit
> Linux ELF 32 bit
> HP/UX ELF 64 bit
> Linux ELF 64 bit
> "

Sorry about that.  grant linuxcared up the FAQ and i didn't notice.
i just fixed it and the new entry reads as follows:

	# What binaries will PA-RISC Linux support?

	We currently only support 32-bit ELF executables. Initial bringup
	work was accomplished using HP-UX emulation, but that emulation
	has not been maintained. Eventually, we hope to have support for
	HP-UX 32-bit SOM executables working again, and add support for
	64-bit ELF executables, both Linux & HP-UX.

	We're not promising to get all HP-UX binaries running on Linux. In
	particular those which are multithreaded are unlikely to ever
	be supported.

Does that answer all your questions?