[parisc-linux] palo II

Joel Soete joel.soete@tiscali.be
Sun, 01 Jun 2003 17:51:29 +0000

Bjoern A. Zeeb wrote:

>On Sun, 1 Jun 2003, Helge Deller wrote:
>

>>>is there a chance that one can recover from s.t.h like this ?
>>>
>>>Command line for kernel: 'root=/dev/sdb3 HOME=/ TERM=linux console=ttyS0
>>>palo_kernel=3/boot/vmlinux-2.5.60-pa1' Selected kernel:
>>>/boot/vmlinux-2.5.60-pa1 from partition 3
>>>ERROR: open /boot/vmlinux-2.5.60-pa1 from partition 3 failed
>>>

>>You could boot a good kernel via tftp. That's how I test different kernels...
>>

>not a too bad idea but that's not the problem here.
>
>When palo cannot open the kernel and errors out shouldn't it fall back
>to the dialog and ask one to which fields to change instead of simply
>running into a dead end where I think I can only recover from with
>physical access to the machine ?

Afaik no way right now and I think it would be a good idea to open a bug
report about this subject.
The current palo status of is specialy anoying when you reboot a server
as a N (selftest of about 1/4h) and you made some stupid typo (as you
do: 60 in place of 69) .

Hmm if I still have some time to have a look on this (as well as for
booting a compressed kernel), which is the best 'model' (the nearest of
palo) that I would have to analyse?

Cheers,
    Joel