[parisc-linux] palo II

Bjoern A. Zeeb bzeeb-lists@lists.zabbadoz.net
Sun, 1 Jun 2003 14:05:20 +0000 (UTC)

On Sun, 1 Jun 2003, Helge Deller wrote:

> > is there a chance that one can recover from s.t.h like this ?
> >
> > Command line for kernel: 'root=/dev/sdb3 HOME=/ TERM=linux console=ttyS0
> > palo_kernel=3/boot/vmlinux-2.5.60-pa1' Selected kernel:
> > /boot/vmlinux-2.5.60-pa1 from partition 3
> > ERROR: open /boot/vmlinux-2.5.60-pa1 from partition 3 failed
>
> You could boot a good kernel via tftp. That's how I test different kernels...

not a too bad idea but that's not the problem here.

When palo cannot open the kernel and errors out shouldn't it fall back
to the dialog and ask one to which fields to change instead of simply
running into a dead end where I think I can only recover from with
physical access to the machine ?

56 69 73 69 74				http://www.zabbadoz.net/