[parisc-linux] 64 userspace

Wed, 15 Jan 2003 14:49:26 -0500 (EST)

> > I wonder if this isn't the problem with expect.
> >
> > Dave
>
> On another note, if expect calls code that uses atomic_add,
> compare_and_swap, and exchange_and_add, they are currently generic and
> not guaranteed to be atomic under any situation.
>
> See atomicity.h.

I doubt it.  It does a lot of waiting around with alarm signals going off.
As I recall, when it is filling the syslog, there are two expect processes
running and killing the child fixes the problem.  This causes dejagnu to
abort the current testsuite.

Dave
--
J. David Anglin                                  dave.anglin@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca