[parisc-linux] 64 userspace

Wed, 15 Jan 2003 14:17:01 -0500 (EST)

> > 2) Binutils -- port hpux 64-bit tools to linux.
>
> I thought we had a 64-bit binutils port?

There enough to build kernels, static binaries, ...  The linker is really
the problem.  First, we would need the processor/os specific ELF
specification.  The handling of function pointers is another key part
as it affects how shared libraries are implemented and the dynamic loader.

I don't see the gcc issues as major as we have the code generation part
pretty much under control.

Dave
--
J. David Anglin                                  dave.anglin@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca