[parisc-linux] Re: floating point exception error

Fri, 10 Jan 2003 13:48:29 -0500 (EST)

> What it does not explain is why the original message reported a
> difference between a PA-8600 and a PA-8700.  According to every internal
> HP processor document and PA-RISC FP designer I've been able to track
> down, this area of the design hasn't been changed since the original
> PA-8000, so there shouldn't be any differences in behavior.

I looked at the assembly code.  The original test was done under hpux.
I see that the call to ull2dbl has been optimized out of the loop.  It
is just called once.  So, the code probably is trapping there as well.

Dave
--
J. David Anglin                                  dave.anglin@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca