[parisc-linux] Re: floating point exception error

Randolph Chung Randolph Chung <randolph@tausq.org>
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 10:35:33 -0800

> What it does not explain is why the original message reported a
> difference between a PA-8600 and a PA-8700.  According to every internal
> HP processor document and PA-RISC FP designer I've been able to track
> down, this area of the design hasn't been changed since the original
> PA-8000, so there shouldn't be any differences in behavior.

actually it happens there too. i can reproduce the trap on pa8500,
pa8600 and pa8700 A500s.

so i guess this again points to a fp emulation bug in the kernel....
this is a bit surprising because aiui the code was lifted from hpux...

will look at this some more this weekend.
randolph
--
Randolph Chung
Debian GNU/Linux Developer, hppa/ia64 ports