[parisc-linux] B1000 Debian 3.0r1 High-Priority Machine Check

Mon, 6 Jan 2003 16:34:03 -0500 (EST)

> > Now I've a different problem and not sure where to turn.  Whenever I
> > compile and run a program that "throw"s an exception, I get "Memory
> > fault".  I can't figure out where to report this problem.  The PARISC
> > Linux people or the GCC people?

You need to build/obtain either the 3.3 or main branch of GCC to obtain
working C++ exception support.  The dwarf2 eh support in debian 3.0.4 and
the GCC 3.2 branch was in development when that code was released and
doesn't work.  I am assuming you mean exception in the C++ sense.

> I'd say PARISC for two reasons:
> - first, this is quite likely to be a kernel problem, and IIRC exception related stuff is worked on currently,
> - secondly, because some of GCC folks are also PARISC m-l readers ;)

The above was not a kernel problem.  It was mainly a problem in creating
the correct eh frame data.

Dave